Monday, April 6, 2009

William Christenberry

For starters, this guy rocks! William Christenberry uses plain and simple backgrounds, time, and amazing light, to portray America as the strange little place it is.If I had to discribe William's style in one word it would be : Documentary. He does a lot of time lapse projects- houses, churches, or other buildings. He likes trees and truck and uses the motto- " Simple is better."
Although he had a lot of success as a photographer, he didn't really want to be one when he first stared using the camera in the 1950's.
So let's look at some pictures :



This is my favorite picture of his. It is perfect. I am wondering if the door just has red paper on it or if it really is bricks. Hmmmm....




Ahhh... this is a creepy picture. It is a KKK man. Yep... Doesn't the light make him look even more creepy...





This is way cool, and an example of his time lapse pictures.



Here's another one. Maybe this is my favorite.

So I hope you enjoyed William just as much as I did. Go look him up, right now. I mean it, I'm serious!!! :)

1 comment:

Mr. Patteson said...

Stevie, I agree, he is pretty great. I like the comments and the enthusiasm, but this is rather brief compared to what I am asking for.