Monday, November 9, 2009

Assignment 4- Free shoooot




























I feel like this assignment was by far my best assignment. After hearing everyone talking about how this assignment "sucked", I wondered why I liked it so much. Some photographers like boundries for they give them something to work with like the clay to a sculpture, while others would rather go searching not for any photo in perticular, but just the right image. I am the latter. I think i don't see the assignment, I see pictures. When I am given boundries sometimes they are really click with me but at other times they fence in my imagination ( I should probably learn how to fix this.)
Like Slade told me earlier, I had good light and a good location. I think thats what I really learned to wait for the perfect light and finding the location was pure luck. So I offically like free shoot, however I am sooooooo ( with about a million o's) excited for portraits. That is one of the few assignments that i connect with.... Just thinking about it I probably should blog about that after I have shot.
OK, Au revoir ~ Stevi

1 comment:

the 3rd eye said...

you know, I agree, this assignment was by far my best, too. But I liked it for a different reason. I liked it because if given time and a cool place to shoot, I could shoot for hours. In fact I did. but I think that it gives an insight into that photographer's personality. If that is what they would shoot, it they were given no guidelines, just told to shoot something, then that is the kind of photograph that they like to not only shoot, but see as well.

By the way, on your photos, themselves, I like the first two the best. They're way cool. Sorry, that was rather verbose.